Pages

June 5, 2012

Am I Crazy?


Via

I keep reading about writers who write a whole novel ~ blood, sweat, and tears ~ and then query something like 10 or 12 agents and then just throw up their hands and self-publish.  (Not that self-publishing isn’t one of the tools in our toolkits.)  I queried almost 130 agents on my first manuscript and something like 64 on my second before I got an agent. That was eleven years and two novels written and rewritten, not to mention getting published in litmags and going to conferences and setting up a website and so much more.

Query 10 agents and then give up?  What’s up with that?

You're going to need a lot of patience and sticktoitiveness to get anywhere, no matter which route you take.


Like this post? Click here to subscribe via email.

No comments: