Pages

October 7, 2010

Exhaustion

What I’m Reading Today: Started Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah for book club, which I’m liking. Book club’s tonight, though, so I won’t finish it. Plus, I’m still dabbling in Tolkien.

I am exhausted. I haven’t been sleeping well, and I’ve been really busy at work. *Sigh* Where’s the coffee?

What I hate worst about being tired is not the physical tiredness but the way it drags you into the depths of despair. It’s depression-inducing. When my twins were babies, that’s what I hated most. Post-partum depression equals lack of sleep (at least for me).

And you go into survival mode when you’re exhausted. Housekeeping to a minimum, a lot more takeout, and creativity is nonexistent.

And I feel so disorganized. I think, I need to just stop and catch my breath. I need to get organized. So much slipping through the cracks. I need to make a plan.

Again, *sigh*.

In the immortal words of Annie, the sun will come out tomorrow.

Questions of the Day: How do you handle exhaustion and creativity?

No comments: